Process CreatorDo your ambitions match ours?
Genius Foods is a dynamic business with ambitious growth plans with the aim “To be the Global Brand Leader in great tasting gluten free bakery”.
We are developing our own unique culture through the “Genius Way” with our consumers, products and people at the heart of everything we do.
We are now have an exciting opportunity for a Process Creator to join the Research & Product Team at our largest bakery in Bathgate, but travel to Genius Hull and other UK and International travel as required.
As a vital member of the Product & Research Development Team, the Process Creator will support the development and consistent production of authentic, Gluten-free (GF) bakery product experiences, meeting current and emerging consumer needs and the Genius Brand Standards, underpinned by technology and craftsmanship. To provide the technical enablers to allow Genius to compete commercially in a global GF market. Key challenges include enabling stable, consistent, competitive production of gluten free baked goods through application of process expertise, rigour and creation of innovative processes, to create products of a mainstream brand leading quality.
The Process Creator will be responsible for:
• Support and/or lead projects (as agreed with Line Manager)
• Responsible to ensure process capability to consistently deliver superior new products that meet the project deliverables, and/or contribute to the creation and execution of a stronger business strategy.
• Ability to leverage category/technology-specific processing expertise and apply breakthrough thinking to deliver new processing capability to gluten free systems, creating competitive advantage.
• Understanding of supply chain configurations, including third parties, to enable design and deployment of processes and projects.
In addition, we are looking for someone who will:
• Be flexible, creative & have a problem solving attitude
• Apply a high level of Process Expertise and analytical thinking to all projects and the mind set to ideate breakthrough process solutions to GF bakery.
• Have a genuine interest in food processing (in/out of category) and the desire for excellence.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications Required:
BSc or MSc degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering or engineering equivalent.
At least 2 years Food or related processing experience including internships in engineering process development field.
Additionally, must have excellent written and oral communication with a strong ability to work in a team environment.
Must be flexible to work and support multiple innovation, quality improvement and business continuity projects.
Passion for Growth - Must have experience in designing/landing innovative products, processes or equipment.
Breakthrough Thinking - Must demonstrate ability to engineer and solve issues with new ideas.
Adapting to Change - Must be willing to handle multiple projects assisting Product Creators. He/she must be willing to work on bench, pilot plant and in factories and change project priorities accordingly.
Team Commitment- Must be able to work in a team environment and must have demonstrated processing leadership within current projects.
If you are ready for your next challenge, please forward your CV and covering email outlining why you are the “candidate of choice” for this role to email@example.com
Full Job Specification available on request.